Pics Incredible Pencil Sculptures Photos And Wallpapers



If you think that pencil is a tool for drawing, painting or writing notes – you’re wrong! 45-year-old carpenter, Dalton J. Paul Getty for 25 years turns ordinary pencils into incredible miniature sculptures. Without using a magnifying glass. “When I was a schoolboy, – says the master, – I made gifts to my friends, carving out their names on a pencils. Later, I decided to try sculpture, and after a long searching the choice fell on a pencil lead.” For such work Dalton uses blades, sewing needles and special knives for the sculptures. However, the material is too fragile and can not allow mistakes: at home Mr. Getty has more than 100 unfinished or broken sculptures. “At first I had a few broken figures, later I decided to keep them all in memory. I call this “cemetery collection”: they are all dear to me, yet I spent alone with them a few months.” Artist could spend a few months at one sculpture. For the creation miniature alphabet Dalton spent 2,5 years. “My patience is simply amazing people, because nowadays everyone wants to be quicker, faster and faster.”